Monday, December 26, 2005

mend up your stocking hole cause this lump ain't made of coal...i've got a boner for Christmas

i think christmas is really more fun for kids...the anticipation of santa...having new toys to play with...visiting people...getting a new outfit to wear...

when you get older theres just not that wanting ness to get up early and run to the christmas tree...and half the time you really dont need or want anything because you just buy whatever you want through out the year anyways...and especially if you are alone on christmas it can be rather depressing and not fun at all...

i have to say that i was totally not looking forward to christmas this year but to my surprise it turned out better then expect...

as kids christmas was insane...we would get up early and open the presents in our stockings...then it was off to morning mass...then home again where my moms parents and my uncle and my aunt would all come over and we would open presents then have a big lunch together...then it would be off to go visit my dads parents out on their farm...and then off to one of my dads 9 brothers and sisters for dinner...it was a jam packed day...

now with everyone older and only one set of grandparents things are less hectic and less adventurous...

this year for christmas eve we went to my moms brothers house for dinner and presents...we drank ourselves silly with all these fancy drinks my uncle was mixing for us...my aunt always makes it a really classy affair...but we are all older now so gifts aren't as fun and exciting...nor are there as much...my aunt got me this really classy brush set from MAC makeup...since she works there and all...

christmas morning i was dragged out of bed at 8:30...i could have slept for much longer...

we opened our stockings and presents and all...i got a whole bunch of cds...i FINALLY finished my matt good collection...i had always had my brothers cds and just never went out to go buy my own...but now i finally have them all...

i also finally got Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on dvd with a special book which i was excited about...and the usual underwear...mittens...scarfs...gift certificates...

i also FINALLY got a new cell phone...everyone use to make fun of me b/c my old one was a brick...thats what they called it and seriously it was a brick...my new phone is a much music phone so its got wicked features and ed the sock talking on it...and then i went and downloaded Oh Be Joyful as my ringtone and i was so excited...b/c its the actual song and not some gay version of it...

so after gift opening we all went to christmas mass...then home for a brunchy lunch...just us...then dad and i went to the cemetery to visit my grandparents and cousin...

then we came home and had a really small quiet dinner with just my moms parents...i thought it was going to be really lame and so anti social of us but it was kinda nice to just spend christmas like every other day and not this huge day of rushing and going crazy...

after that we went and crashed my parents friends party b/c they had invited us if we wanted to stop by...and it ended up being nice...i get along with most of my parents friends so it was good...and my brother played poker with the little kids...it was cute...

all in all it was a good christmas this year...i hope all you guys had good ones too!!!

MUSIC - Nerf Herder - I've Got A Boner For Christmas