Friday, June 01, 2007

la polizia

so i had the great fortune of accompanying robyn in bein a part of history and witnessing the police back together on tour...and damn was it an amazing night!
Photo Hosted at buzznet.com
we are going to get married one day
Photo Hosted at buzznet.com
we were seated behindish the stage...the whole place was open so you could see everything...it was pretty sweet
Photo Hosted at buzznet.com
umm hello!
Photo Hosted at buzznet.com
a bad shot of Stewart Copeland...hes so hot...i guess you could say i have a thing for older men who are drummers...clearly...
Photo Hosted at buzznet.com
i think this was the point where robyn went to the bathroom and some guy in the section beside us actually had a heart attack and passed out then had to be carried down the stairs but 6 men...it was quite dramatic...
Photo Hosted at buzznet.com
oh...did i mention that Andy Summers looked like it was way past his bed time...he needed a nap...desperately
Photo Hosted at buzznet.com

OMG HIS ARMS...LOOK AT HIS ARMS!!!

they opened up with message in a bottle...which made me cream my pants...its my favorite police song ever...


the police and I share a bond...all because of a story...a story that to you will not find funny and probably think is lame...but to me i laugh everytime i think about it...but maybe thats because i amuse myself too much...

ANYWAYS...the story goes as follows...my cousins and i were camping up in Manning Park a million years ago when I was small and was going through this phase where i decided to hate every band they loved...we always spent the weekend each year discussing and listening to music...Alexis kept going on and on about the damn police and i was getting sick of it...so i decided to be a bad ass and graffiti the wall saying "DOWN WITH THE POLICE"...ha...i was so cool...i figured my cousins would be pissed with me for writing such a thing against this band that they loved...i laughed to myself evily...

then next thing i know my cousin Maria goes to the wall and writes "GET" infront of it..."GET DOWN WITH THE POLICE"...my evil plan had failed...they had gotten me back...i felt like a fool...now it looked like i liked the police...like i wanted to 'get down' with them...i had left myself wide open...DAMN THEM!!!

so from that point on they always made fun of me until the point where i actually grew to liking the police...and so there i was at their concert...where im sure Alexis and Maria would have died to be...but me...the one who hated them...was there instead...ha