Sunday, June 10, 2007

we grinded it


coco chanel and i did the grouse grind first thing yesterday morning...and let me tell you...i am lucky to be alive today...

i had never been before and was quite scared...but coco here insisted that we start going every week as to be in shape for the summer...and me being naive and usually up for anything agreed to do so...

my god...i was not prepared...that thing is a bitch and a half to climb...i tried going hard at the beginning thinking i could get it over with sooner rather then later but that basically killed me and it wasnt until half way through it where i finally got into my grove of climbing for a few minutes and then resting for a few minutes...

i took about a billion breaks cause i was either dying for air or my legs felt like they were going to fall off...chad was ahead of me at the 1/4 mark and after that i never saw him again...so i figured he had finished way a head of me...since i was taking a million breaks and couldnt see him anymore...but when i FINALLY got to the end he was there waiting for me...i arrive only 7 minutes after him which i found surprising...

i basically cursed his name for a good hour during the whole thing for letting him take me on this grind of death...but eventually i got the hang of things and it because almost enjoyable...at least the scenery was amazing...and all the other grinders in the trek were super nice and encouraging...

it started to rain pretty bad half way through the grind so i didnt take and pictures...it was rather cold and foggy and slippery and wet but it was fun climbing in mud...

chad did it in an hour 30 and I did it in an hour and 37 minutes...THIRTYSEVEN...see that number is everywhere...

after you finish the grind you get this boost of energy and you dont really feel tired even though you've been friggin climbing a mountain for almost 2 hours...but when we got home I was dead to the world...but we had a somewhat busy day planned so we didnt even get to rest much...

by the time dinner rolled around i couldnt even move...my right knee bothers me sometimes and i effed it up on the grind at one point so i was in a bit of pain the whole day...needless to say i went to bed early and slept like a baby...and actually today i dont feel bad at all...no soreness...no tiredness...perfectly good!

so apparently we are doing this every weekend now...now unless i chicken out i will bring you pictures of coco, me, and the grind next week...now that i know what to expect lets hope i do better....

and dont die...ha