Thursday, January 17, 2008

tonight there is homework


Photo by PatZ!

So I'm typing up the guest list right now. It's not finalized and its almost 300 people, which could pose as a problem. Luckily about 20 of them are relatives from over seas, Australia and Italy, and they will most likely not come, except for a few exceptions.

Our hall fits 250 people using the round tables, 300 people long tables. We want the round tables so I'm praying everything works out.

I bought the paper to make the invitations. I made a sample and it looks oh so pretty. I ordered the envelopes and hopefully they will be here next week. Now its a matter of collecting addresses. I am all about getting things done a head of schedule.

I looked at wedding dresses but they all bore me. I tried some on in front of my bridesmaids and felt like a fool. I am not the kind of person who wants everyone staring at them, which is impossible to avoid on your wedding day. My mother insists that we go to more places to try on my dresses but I am pretty set on making it myself with some assistance. I found a picture of the exact one I want with a few alterations. All I need to do is get some fabric from work and have atter.

The bridesmaids dresses are another story. We found ones we like for $175 each which is a little much. Again, I want to make them (cause I am so damn picky) but my mom thinks that would be too stressful. So we found some at this store. They were on sale for $30. I only half like them and have this feeling they are going to look horrible on the girls. I just need to look more before I decide.

Chads incharge of the booze, (obviously) and transportation (I want a Hummer SUV). We looked at tux' for the guys last night. I think I've figured out what I want, and Chad has no preferences other then he doesnt want to die of heat. I'll see what I can do.

We dont have a photographer yet, or someone to decorate, or a lot of things for that matter. I need to get going on these things.

8 months and counting.

If you want to visit our wedding website and leave a comment feel free to do so here.