Friday, March 14, 2008

maybe i should be locked away

So on Wednesday night we all paid $13 to go down to the Italian centre for some wine tasting and cheese and grape eating. It was most delectable! Have to admit tho that Italian wines aren't my favorite (I know blasphemy) but I much prefer Australian wines especially Wolf Blass. That I could drink every day.
Wine Tasting
Wine Tasting
Wine Tasting
Wine Tasting
Dario & Marlee joined in the fun! Gawd I love her hair.
Wine Tasting
Wine Tasting
Wine Tasting
6 red, 2 white. Reds are ALWAYS better, but maybe I am bias.
Wine Tasting
All the rest of the pictures are up on my flickr account. And for all of you who Facebook stalk me and expect to see pictures of events on there, you will have to check my flickr account because my laptop over heats and shuts down every time I upload pictures to Facebook and my work computer won't let me upload them to Facebook either so to avoid all frustration I have just decided to put EVERYTHING on flickr in nice little organized folders for your viewing pleasure. I still MAY upload some things to Facebook if I have the time to fan my laptop for an hour but we shall see.

Speaking of flickr, I was browsing through some new pictures this morning when I came across Corinnas set of pictures that she took while checking out Riverview Mental Hospital. The pictures are both creepy yet extremely interesting. This sent me into an obsession trying to find out as much as I could about the now shut down hospital and the surrounding building which are still up and running. I was crapping my pants just reading about some of the things and imaging what use to happen there. Then I started reading about lobotomy's and how they were preformed, it was so eery. Reading the cases of people whom it happened to was the worst. It was so weird because its one of those things that scares you but you can't stop looking. I just kept researching and reading like an obsessive freak.

I started to scare Chad with all the stuff I was looking up and finding. It was just so amazingly interesting and is a part of our history here in BC with it being the largest mental health facility in all of North America. I don't know if I would have the guts to actually go there and see if for myself but I just couldn't stop looking at the pictures. It consumed all my thoughts.

Anyways, that took up a good part of my morning; obsessing over mental institutions.

Now because I wasted time this morning I am in a panic to try and get all the stuff I was suppose to get done, done. Ok well maybe not a panic but still.

After reading all I did today, saying that I am going mental just doesn't feel right anymore.