Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I write a lot. A lot is two words. So said my grade 11 English Teacher

The Look that kills

We went to the gym last night. It felt amazing even though this morning I am exhausted, it makes me want to go back again. I think we are going to go tomorrow night too.

I usually hate going to the gym when it's packed because I always feel so self conscious about the way I am dressed. I know stupidest thing ever. That's the one thing the prevents me from doing what I want to do most of the time - not knowing what to wear.

Chads motivation for going to the gym is to sweat and do cardio. My motivation is to tone and build muscle. I still do some cardio but my body/stomach can get really sensitive sometimes and if I push myself too hard doing cardio I feel really sick and puke. Yes, fun times. Plus I am already a stick so I might as well build some muscles so I'm not a feeb.

Baby Got Back


I sat down on the bike beside this chick dressed in plaid pj bottoms and a gigantic football jersey. She sat on the bike reading Star Magazine and was going so slow/not paying attention to what she was doing that the bike kept beeping "Pause, Pause". It was actually funny to watch because it was the most pathetic "work out" I had ever seen.

After about 40 minutes of that we decided to do some weights. Chad went down to the weight room which was filled with macho men checking themselves out in the mirror and smelling like BO. I stayed upstairs where they had this section with mats and free weighs so I did about a million sit ups (because you get to lay down while doing them) and I lifted some weights.

At about the same time I was doing this, the chick who was on the bike beside me decided to follow suit. It was clear she had no idea what she was doing and really didn't want to be there because she kept staring at herself in the mirror and fixing her hair. Whatever I did she did. It was odd.

CIMG4115


The guy who was using the mat beside me left and this other dude filled in his stop. He looked Latino and was wearing a teal tank top and carrying around a protein shake. He started to lift the weights and then sat down to do sit ups. As he did he turned to me and attempted to chat me up about my work out. I must have been the only chick there who didn't have head phones on and I guess he thought this was his chance to make some conversation. Me being an anti social at the best of times politely replayed and failed to carry on a conversation.

Just as he left Chadwick came up from downstairs to do his set of sit ups so I gave him my mat and proceeded to people watch. The best thing I saw was this chick dressed in head to toe Bebe (which included booty shorts, a tank top she was spilling out of, and little runners that were be jeweled everywhere). She was also sporting a full face of make up including bright pink sparkly eye shadow and a boyfriend who looked like he was straight out of HCwDB.

The gym is always full of such interesting people include some Asian dude on the treadmill in corduroy pants and another guy in wearing cargo pants and work boots while lifting weights. I also always get amused by the chicks who dress to the nines just to go to the gym. Srsly, who are you trying to impress?

Dirty Mirror Full Body


When we got home we attempted to figure out the whole bedding situation again. I started to panic because the furniture we were going to order from Costco wouldn't show up on their website and I couldn't figure out why so I thought they might have sold out of it and I was going to loose my mind because I over react a lot.

Anyways, Chad worked his magic and somehow it showed up on the website this morning. So we purchased it. SCARY! This is what it looks like. We are getting the 6 piece set and it's oh so pretty. The only thing we are unsure of is the colour and how similar it will be to the floors and if it's all going to be a crazy load of brown in the bedroom considering our bedding looks like this. The bonus to Costco is that the shipping is FREE and you can return it no problem. I mean it would be a pain to physically have to return it but at least we have that option.

Now I get to rest easy until it all arrives and I realize I have to return it all back. Hahaha. Lets hope that does not happen. 4 weeks and its here!

Life is starting to come together.