Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Get me the elliptical machine and a stiff drink

I waited too long to eat lunch and now I feel sick because my stomach is empty and I was working too much. Damn you zippers.

I came home from work yesterday and made Maui ribs. They were damn tasty. Actually Chad BBQ'd them but it was my idea. Post dinner I went to lay down on the couch while Chad worked on all his work and I passed right out I was so exhausted. This meant that I missed RT's phone call and Elises birthday party. And now I feel like poo about it. I even made her a hand made card out of work supplies. Dammit Danielle!

Buddies
2 x 4 or 2 x 6
Neil & Dario
Battle of the Italians
Show Off
The Lone Guitar Hero
Greasy Chad
Neil
Dario & Marlee
Me!

Having the dog wake you up at 5 in the morning to go out to pee and then wake you up 5 more times before 7:30 really messes with your sleep which means I am very cranky. That's right I am a princess and use to my mom taking care of everything and now shes gone for a week and I am cranky. The next thing you know Chad will start to get concerned with my attitude towards cleaning a 3 floor house after working 8 hours and fear that come September 7th I will fall apart as a house wife and he will regret his decision. Even though I have proved myself on about a billion occasions and have thrown several dinner parties and always do everything in my power to ensure that he has a clean comfortable apartment to live in.

I love how everyone is looking at this like my BIG test to see whether or not I will fail in September. I don't get it. Do you want me to fail? This situation is slightly different then my situation come September and haven't I spent the past year and a half proving myself. Srsly. Enough already. I think we all know that I can take care of a house and cook and bake and fix clothes and wash clothes and sweep and clean. Although I can't quite iron like my Nonna does.

I think half the reason I am so cranky these days is because everyone is watching me like I've never done any of these things before. Like I have never had to take care of myself and my brother and my dog before, like I am oblivious to what it takes to run a home. It's like they are watching me because they expect me to fail. If they new I would succeed there would be no need to watch.

I'm just so tired of all of it. Yes, come September things will change and it will take some getting use to but is it really obvious to everyone that I am just going to fall apart and become some miserable human being?

When is the day going to come where people will just know I am good at what I do and can stop saying 'this will be a good test for you'? I think I've proven myself already.