Wednesday, June 25, 2008

An affluent Italian fashion designer

Photo explosion because I feel like it and because I haven't posted since Friday.


Saturday was wedding number 2 of the season.
The Bride & her Parents
The Bride and her parents
Fabiola & David
Fabiola & David (who is my cousin)
The Hot Couple
Outfit #1 for the day (yes you better believe I do a costume change half way through the day!)
The Commisioner
I told Chad he looked like a Commissioner. It was all because we spent Friday night watching the NHL draft and everyone was wearing suits.
Hi Commish!
Contrary to what he says, I bought the tie.
Stunning as usual. Ha.
We look good together.

After the ceremony we had about 4 hours to waste until the reception. I decided to go get a manicure so my nails would be all pretty for the reception and for our engagement photos the next day. That ended up turning into a disaster.

I made an appointment at this nail bar at the local mall. I had never been before but I always saw it full of people and figured I would try it out, I mean its just a manicure no one screws those up. Ha. I was wrong.

So I go in and the lady at the front tells me to go to station one. I sit down and it is disgusting, so much so that I didn't even want to put my hands down. Two seconds later an older chinese man comes out and sits infront of me. "White or Clear?" he says to me. Ahhh...White. Next thing I know he grabs the nail clippers and cuts off all my nails which I had specifically grown out for the manicure. I sat there in horror. Then he grabs a grinder and starts to grind my nails. At this point I'm thinking WTF. I've only ever had a manicure done once but I am pretty sure this is NOT how its done. So I pull my hands away and I say to him "I'm getting a manicure right?" To which he replys "oh manicure" in his broken english.

So he then carrys on in the most retarded fashion. He attempted to moisturize my hands but it got too greasy so he told me to wash them. Then he did the WORST french maniucre on me I had ever seen. Even I do a better job then that to myself. I was fuming. All I wanted to do was get out of there.

I was so pissed off the whole rest of the afternoon that the only thing that made me feel better was a quarter pounder with cheese, medium french fries, and a coke right before the reception. I'm still pissed at it. After having a shower on Monday night all the nail polish came off. I'm so glad I paid $25 bucks for the worst service in my life. Fack.

Anyways back to the reception...
Gangsta
Hi, this is my white, gangter wanna be, fiance.
Fabiola & David
Here they come!
Cheers to the Squid!
The "I've never eaten squid before" Crew
Even Better!!!
They make such an adorable couple!
Aww Mom
My mother was all over the place, as per usual. She then tried to prove to me that she wasn't drunk by calling me a "Sslooser". Yea Mom, I'm sure thats a word.
First Beer of the Night
Chad was lucky enough to get the first beer of the night. I don't know how he does it.
Salad Anyone?
Salad anyone?
Cheers!
Anthony was the man behind the fetching of Chads first beer. I don't know how hes turned all my cousins into his minions.
From Above
I always have to take one like this. I was quite blinging that night.
Laughing
Outfit #2. This is my 'Hi I am Italian' dress that actually came from France. I told everyone to call me Donatella Versace.
Bug Eyed
Damn those bug eyes. He ruins all good pictures. I am terrified to see how our engagement photos turned out.
Elise!
Elise decided to budge in for this one.
Papa Rossi & I
Me & Papa Rossi.
Don't touch her chicken
This is Laura. This is her chicken. You aren't allowed to eat it.
The Drunk
Elise had like 500 glasses infront of her. I have no idea where they came from.
I Love Salad!
I decided to eat some salad.
My drink is glowing
My drink was very free and very neon.
Chads cool
He looks like an old Italian with that hat on. Wait until he tells you all the story of the run in with the little Italian man in the washroom. Priceless.
David & Fabiola
Fabiola got her dress from the same store I wanted to get my dress from. Instead I just, kinda, stole there design. HA. But my dress won't even look the same as their dress so its ok.
Table 4 Part 1
Aww look, Cousins.

We ended up leaving the reception at 1:30, 5 minutes after the bride and groom did. It was a damn good night and makes me think that every Saturday night there should be a wedding.

With all these weddings coming up this summer I'm starting to freak out more and more about mine. At the beginning of the ceremony when we were waiting for Fabiola to walk down the isle I was having a panic attack because I was thinking about me and how nervous I'm going to feel. I hate attention and walking down the isle is like the most attention ever. Ahhh.

In the end I know everything will turn out fine and everyone will have a blast, but its still just that walking down the isle thing that gets me.

Thankfully there is one more wedding to go to before I freak out about ours.

All the pictures from the cerempony & reception are posted here.