Thursday, June 12, 2008

She wears the pants

I am officially exhausted. My lower back hurts and my body is aching for some rest. I haven't decided if I will be joining Chad at the gym today or not.

I think its time for a wedding update.

The collection grows

So last night, aside from getting my eyes check, which by the way turned out they only slightly got worse over the past 5 years which means I wont have to get new glasses, I went wedding shoe shopping. That turned out to be a bust but mainly because what my Mother wanted me to get was basically the exact opposite of what I wanted to get so we found nothing. I will go again tomorrow to different stores and hopefully find something.

With less then 3 months to go before the big day I am running into crunch time. I currently have no wedding dress, no shoes, and the bridesmaids dresses have to be altered and adjusted. Thankfully I have been proactive on some things and have both hair and make up trials scheduled for the next two week. GO ME!

Our Fridge

In a week and a bit we are going to get our engagement photos done. These I am most excited about. We have decided to go to Stanley Park to get them done because we will have the option to take both 'Nature' & 'Urban' shots there. We just need to pick if we want the west side with English Bay & the Granville Street Bridge, or the east side with Coal harbour and the North Shore.

On Saturday, aside from starting my dress *eek* we are meeting with my uncle to go over the readings and things for the actual ceremony. Then we have to meet with the Organist to pick all the music. Hopefully I will be able to arraigned that on Sunday.

We went Wedding Cake shopping this past weekend. We didn't do any taste testing because we already know what we want - Diplomat cake all the way! - but we did need prices for the actual cake itself, plus a slab. Prices for the cake ran from $750 to $350, FOR THE SAME CAKE. People are nuts. I don't know why you would pay 750 bucks for the exact same cake you can get for $350. We are down to two different bakeries to pick from, that is unless my Aunt can come through and actually make the cake for us, then we will just have to buy a slab and we are all set!

I did clean the stove

We still need to get wedding bands. We went and looked one day but I couldn't make up my mind because I wanted the big gaudy one (of course) but it was stupidly expensive (shocking) so I don't know what to do. We need to go back again and look and I just need to be reasonable and pick something that will look good but not cost us and arm and a leg. Chad already picked out his band because hes not gaudy like me.

The only real important things left to do (besides make my dress) is to confirm everything we already books months ago. I know the decorations are all set, but the actual flowers need to be finalized, as well as the DJ, and lots of little things. The majority of the little things I can't do until after the dress is finished and the engagement photos are done because I need to use the leftover fabric and pictures to make the 'little things'. I really want to get moving on all those things so I have time left at the end for any small ideas or things that pop up. I can't wait to make wine bottle labels! I am such a nerd.

Fuzzy Carpet

Anyways, there is still lots to do and it looks like the majority of all my free time will be taken up with the wedding over the next three months. It should be interesting. I'm just really itching to get started on the last bit of stuff so it is over and done with. I need to start making lists and drawing pictures of what I want. Yes that's a good idea.

Oh candles! I need to buy some from Ikea for the head table. Mental Note that one.