Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Can I steal you for a minute?

Alright all my impatient readers. Finally a post. I know its all over due but we are approaching the season of stress, both a work and in life and so the last thing I have time to do is blog. But none the less here is a post.

Saturday was another day of dress drama but in the afternoon I took a break and joined the crew at Confederation Park for some BBQ'ing and Bocce of course because we are Italians and must integrate Bocce into every event.

The only problem was that the boys planned this event and told us girls at the last minute not giving us enough time to properly plan for it. There for it was a bit of a mad rush at the end.

Cell Phone Check

Someone needs to get this man some sleeves. I much preferr t-shirts or wife beaters but these in between shirts...um no. But again thats just my personal fashion opinion.

Darios BBQ

I thought Dario was going to bring a little camping BBQ but really I should have stopped and thought 'this is Dario we are talking about' hence the full fledged BBQ he strapped to the back of his truck.

Stylin'

I bought this hat from work a million years ago and I've been saving it to wear to Mexico but I thought I would bust it out to give it a test run. I heart it greatly even though Chad says its too manly for me.

Snacking before dinner

Marlee, Krystal, & Dario chatting away before dinner.

Marlee with the throw

We then decided to throw the football around. I was too paranoid of it hitting my ring or my glasses so whenever it came at me I would kick it down or use my legs to block it. It was funny. At least I thought it was.

Me again

I was really in love with my outfit. I put it together in a matter of 5 minutes. Those are always the best outfits.

Hot Dogs on the roll

I love men. I love BBQ's. I love men BBQ'ing.

Hot Stuff

When we got to the park I realized I had forgotten my camera and I felt like a part of me was missing so Chad drove me back home to get it. Thankfully I literally live 5 minutes away.

The Crew

We were all snacking before dinner. We are obsessed with food but I think that goes without saying.

Foods

Marlee made a pasta salad. Unfortunetly both Chad & Dario belong to the 'We don't eat cold pasta' club. It's wide spread amoung Italian men. I just dont understand it. Its pasta for the love of God!

Hulk Hogan

Showing off his BBQ skills & his arms. He is multi talented.

Getting in line

Fetching of the food.

So Yum!

Have I ever told you home much I love Hot Dogs? Sweet Jesus that are my favorite. Chad even went out and bought me my favorite buns. Score!

Spewing Hotdog

Ahh. Heres a story. So Dario bought these hot dogs with Cheese & Onion inside of them. Once they were cooked Marlee goes to take a bite of it. All of a sudden I've got burning cheese on my hands and my lap and Marlee is freaking out. Turns out the cheese on the inside was ready to burst so when Marlee bit into it, it exploded everywhere burning both her and I. Somehow Dario worked his way around having his hot dog explode but it was pretty funny when Marlee did it. Minus the grease burns.

All finished

We were all done but Chad was still cooking up his Heart Attack burger.

Funny Face
Heart Attack Burger

Bacon Double Cheese Burger anyone? Apparently his excuse is that he bought the wrong patties from Costco and these ones are too thin meaning he gets to eat two in one burger. So gross.

Steves joins us

After being stuck on the bridge for half an hour due to an accident Steve finally joined us for din din.

Beer Bear
Happy Face
Bringing out the tape measure

The start of the Bocce match. Girls vs. Boys agian. We played on retarded ground which affected us greatly. Chad was loving it tho. Some how he always wins on the shitty ground and I always win on the good ground.

'

Classic.

Boys vs. Girls
Red Balls Red Boobs
Dario the Bubble Man

We then took a break after the boys beat us 11 - 0. Yea it was pathetic. Dario ended up going through Marlees purse and found some bubbles. That entertained him for a while.

Best.Hat.Ever.
My Hat

Who looks hotter in the hat?

Night Bocce
The game that ended it all


We ended the night with bocce by moonlight on the good grass which means we won because I rule on this grass. EVERYTIME. But then at the end there was a measurement discrepancy and we were tied but Marlee thought Dario was measuring wrong and then it was 'Dario vs. Marlee in Who Can Measure Better?' Its so funny when they get into there little squabbles of who is better at measuring.

After everyone left we (Chad, Steve & I) sat in the park in the dark and chatted about Steve & Ashleigh's trip to Vegas. It was a good night.

Sunday we were busy running around and then headed out to White Rock for some Birthdays where I somehow got 6 bug bites on my legs and am still suffering from then now.

Monday was dinner on the beach with the girls from work. Tuesday was anxiety attack over the dress and all the needs to be done, which then carried over into this morning but thankfully is now gone. Tonight we are doing a handful of things around the house and then taking the night off from the gym to relax for 5 minutes. I'm looking forward to that.

Tomorrow we are going to pick out our new mattress! GUESS WHO'S EXCITED!?


The Night the Measurements Took Over...