Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Frustration on the rise

Last night. The night where plans don't work out like you want them to. The night where you would like to hit people over the head with metal objects. Oh what a night.

So as I mentioned yesterday we were planning to go to Ikea to get a display cabinet for all the goodies we have been receiving as wedding presents. I found the exact one I wanted with glass doors and all and it was for a reasonable price. I was excited about this.

I phoned my mom and ask her if we can borrow the truck to go get this cabinet. She tells me that no one is using the truck so it should be fine. Perfect! My plan is set in motion.

Chad was home all day but had a million things on his plate so we planned to meet after dinner for a quick trip to Ikea to pick up the cabinet so he could also run the last bit of his errands after that.

I then get a phone call from my mom saying that my brother just got home from school and said he needed the truck for something to do with school and he just found out that he needed it. On top of that we couldn't take my moms jeep because she was going out and doesn't know how to drive a standard so we couldn't switch cars. Fack. I was really really looking forward to going to Ikea.

So I tell this to Chad but he says not to worry because we were able to bring home the Ikea book cases in his car and this cabinet shouldn't be as long as the book cases so it will work. Thank God. So off we go with our list of things to buy and do.

We get to Ikea, find what we need, load it up on the buggie thing and go to pay. In my head I calculated that everything would come to around $400 so when the total came to $330 I just figured that one of the items wasn't as pricey and I had originally thought.

We go to load everything into Chads car when he realizes the the spot to slide the packages through it narrower then the package itself. In most cars the two back seats flip down and you have that whole space to slip stuff through, but in Chads car there is a small cut out in which to slip stuff through instead of having the width of both seats. This, we did not originally realize, would be a problem. So the boxes are half hanging out the back and I go to find some twine to tie everything down but I can't find the box the dispenses it so I am running around everywhere. I finally find some and run back to the car only to notice a box three feet from where Chad was standing. Ugh.

Now that the boxes are half sticking out of the car our plans to pick up some stuff at the liquor store and deli changed. Chad didn't feel comfortable driving around down with all this stuff hanging out so we made a b-line home.

Meanwhile I was looking at the bill trying to figure out why it cost us less then it should have and I realized she did not charge us for the glass doors that went with the cabinet. See you could buy the cabinet buy itself or with the doors for an extra $120. Somehow our cashier didn't scan the box so we got it for free. A little bizarre since that box was on top of everything and should have been the first thing she scanned. Oh well.

We got home and Chad grabbed the dolly, loaded everything up, and brought it upstairs. I rushed the IGA to get Chad some stuff for lunch before it closed while Chad unpacked everything.

I get back and hes standing in the middle of the room, pieces everywhere, staring at the ground. He couldn't find any of the hardware to put the cabinet together and was very confused. I suggested checking the boxes with the glass doors in them because I heard stuff moving in there. This would have been an option but the two pieces were to be bought separately so why would the pieces for the cabinet be in the box with the doors?

It was all very confusing and frustrating.

Chad checked the Ikea website and it stated that the cabinet came in two boxes. One with the main piece and a smaller one with the feet and hardware. Ohhhhhh. This is probably why she didn't scan the other box because she thought it was the box with the feet and the hardware in it.

Now we were stuck. Pieces were everywhere and there was nothing we could use to put them together. Great. I attempted to clean everything up and remove everything from the existing liquor cabinet to make room but some movie was on that Chad really wanted to watch and so I couldn't do much with out his help. So so so frustrating.

In the end I just had to leave everything in a complete disaster. Chad is going to go to Ikea today to try and get the missing box and then hopefully put it all together tonight. Then maybe we can organize a few things.

But the fun doesn't stop there.

Chad has this new obsession with not answering his home phone. He does this because people only call to give you bad news. Srsly. So whenever I call him I have to phone his cell because he will see that it is me and answer it.

While we were in Ikea he gave me his cell to put in my purse. I carried it around and then in the disaster of things that night I totally forgot to take it out of my purse, so I went home with it. Just before I went to be I realized I still had it so I called to tell him where it was. Of course he didn't answer the phone, so I left a message. Meanwhile I was raging inside with this not answering the phone business.

This morning at 7 his phone starts ringing on Max volume. At first I didn't recognize the number but then realized he was calling his phone to try and find it. I go to answer it but its too late. So I call him back. Do you think he answers? NO. FACK. Again I leave a message. I HAVE YOUR CELL PHONE ANSWER YOUR DAMN HOUSE PHONE. I was not in a good mood. He still didn't answer his home phone.

So today I have to deal with work calling him 100 times on his phone which I am not about to answer, so they leave messages and I get to hear it beep all day. Yay!

I just pray to God he gets the last box from Ikea so we can finish this mess. And maybe we can get some call display so he can see when I am calling his house and actually answer the phone.