Monday, August 11, 2008

Manning Park Photo Essay

I got up at 6:00am on Monday so that I could have a shower, finish packing, head over to the apartment, help Chad finish packing, and then hit th road by 7:30 so we could be in Hope by 9. Thanks to Chad crazy neighbour (the one who 'God Bless'es you in the elevator) we were half an hour late because he had to talk to Chad about apartment prices and all this bullshit that really didn't matter. I was ready to clobber him.
Heading down to the HWY
Leaving the apartment on our way to catch the HWY.

Steer
Chad driving my car. I trust him more.

Corn Rows

I love driving through Chilliwack. I love all the farms.

Pit Stop in Chiliwack

We thought we were going to arrive at our breakfast destinantion early so we made a pit stop in Chilliwack for some water and milk. Turned out this pitt stop made us late.

Welcome to Rolly's

The resurtant we stop at every year in Hope. The foods not very good but its tradition! A bunch of us met there at 9:30am for breakfast.

Chads 'Light' Breakfast

I had a chedder cheese omelet and potatoe pancakes. Most greasy fattening thing ever but so good! Chad had the 'light' breakfast.

Walking back to the car

We then wandered around Hope looking for a liqour store. I totally had a city girl moment and got creeped out when I went into the gas station to pay for gas and I saw how gross it was.

Chads New Beer Foamy

Chad bought this for his beer. He had been looking for weeks for a beer foamy but none of the stores in the city had them. Luckly, Hope did.

Stud

We arrived at Lightning Lake at 12 and sat around and had lunch. Other family members met us there since the cabin wasn't available until 3.

Girls

Chicks hanging out.

Breaking the Chair
Ryan breaking my chair.

All Wet

Elise and Francesca teaching Massey to swim.

Magazine Head

Me attempting to hide from the sun.

Chads Dinner

Dinner time - Day one. Lasagna and Salad. Yum yum yum!

Zio Bernard vs. Laura

Zio Bernard vs. Laura

Zio Bernard Wins!
I think you know who won.

Bathroom View
Fuzzy Bathroom Me in the middle of the night.

Theres the Mouse!
Nothing like waking up to a mouse in the house. I can't help it. They are so cute.

Sun Burn 1
My beautiful burn from the lake. It was so painful I couldn't sleep with any sheets even though it was so cold at night. Really really not smart.

In the shade
We spent the whole day in the front yard following the shade.

Is that Cristinas drink!?
Zia Maria stealing Cristinas alcoholic beverage.

Red Boy
Chad reading a book. Notice Raymi's business card is his bookmark!

Viva Italia
Me and my favorites make the Italian flag!

Zia & Dad
Under the shade of an evergreen.

Me
A very lazy and relaxing day.

View from the Front
The cabin from the front. Yes it holds 50 people.

Us
Us.

Beached Whale
The beached whale decided to take a nap after his very strenuous day.

Men
The men starting the BBQ.

Chadwick
A red shirt to match a red face. It was Chicken night.

Ryan working?
The 'kids' were suppose to do the dishes. Ryan was the only boy I caught in the kitchen.

The Rossi's Gather
The Rossi's build a fire.

Bambi
Bambi! I wanted to catch it so I could have some venison. I know. I'm bad.

Marshmallows
Marshmallows.

Scruffy
The last ones out by the fire. We look like we've been lost in the woods for days.

Morning Love
HAHAHAHAHAHAH awwwww. Morning Chad!

From the Back
The cabin from the back.

The Last Resort
Thats right, the cabin that we rent is called the Last Resort!

Chads got a cane
A walk around Lightning Lake. Chad had a cane becuase of his hurt foot. Aww poo boo boos :(

Beautiful
So pretty.

Dad & Chad
Papa Rossi & Mr. Ciavarro

Rainbow Bridge
Rainbow Bridge. I jumped off this many years ago.

Ma 2
Mama Rossi.

Pimpin'
There are like 12 different looks going on in this picture.

Tired
Chad was a little exhusted and a little in pain at this point.

Snuggles
Nappy time back at the cabin with Flat Eric.

Scotch Drinkers
The Scotch Drinkers.

Start of the Water Fight
The water fight that involved my dad dumping a hugh pot of water on Uncle Jim, then loosing his footing causing him to tumble down the hill. All the adults were scared that his stitches were going to burst. All the kids were histerical. If only I had caputured the moment.

Brothers
Do they look related?

Sausages & Chicken
Sausage & leftover Chicken night.

Chad & his broken foot
Chad icing his foot. Worked like a charm.

Packing up

Packing up the car after dinner. Some people left Wednesday night. The rest left Thursday morning.

Gangster

Dancing or something.

Manning Park
Bi bi Manning Park. See you next year!

Hope Slide 2
Hope Slide. My Favorite.

Sun Set 7
Sunset in the 'wack.
It was a most relaxing weekend and I was so happy to actually be able to sit and do basically nothing the whole time. It was so cute the group of us that just sat around in a circle the whole time chatting and reading and knitting. It was wonderful.
The only downside to Manning are the inevitable post Manning blues that happen every year the day after everyone gets home. Its such a great bonding time that everyone looks forward to that we all hate having to go home.
Thankfully I have 400 pictures to look at to remind me of it all. Excessive yes, but well worth it.
To see all 371 photos of Manning click Here.