Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My middle name is Rose

I feel like crap. This scares me because I can not be sick for next week. I've decided to take all necessary precautions and I'm jetting home at lunch to snuggle on the couch and nap and hopefully get over whatever this weirdness in my body is.

The only problem is for some unknown reason I always feel guilty when I take a sick day or have to leave early because I'm not feeling well. Maybe its years of my mother training me to be a good worker and work through my sickness. As nice as my mother can be she has no sympathy for people who are sick and can't work. Shes all about the work. So its either that or I'm just paranoid because back in December where I was super sick for two weeks I got into trouble with work because I didn't have sick days back then and I apparently didn't make up the time that I was sick and so they had to adjust my paycheck which they were all annoyed about it and it was a huge disaster. It was so friggin annoying and made me very bitter. This time, thankfully, I have sick days and over time stacked up in my favour.

Scotch & Wine

I hate these bullshit games I have to play. Constantly protecting my ass so I don't get screwed over.

The only justice in all of this is that the boss has been super sweet to me lately. When I first announced my engagement she was on all edge about it thinking that my mind would be so preoccupied with wedding stuff that I wouldn't get any work done. We even had a meeting about it. And as much as I reassured her that that wouldn't happen I don't think she believed me. That is until now. She is so blown away by the fact that I never took a day off to do wedding stuff and that I came to work every day so calm and not stressed out that she tells me so every day. I definitely scored some points there.

Although there are still people in this office who for whatever reason feel the need to give me attitude about not doing one stupid thing while I'm swamped and in the middle of a huge project. I am a bit bitter can you tell?

I don't know people are setting me off today. Not feeling well = no patience.

Chadwick

Another thing I would like to point out. I love how you have discussions with people and you plan an event that they all know about and then a few days before it happens everyone cancels. Umm seriously. You couldn't have told me this PRIOR to organizing this event.

It's just a bad mood Wednesday.

But for a positive spin, Chad and I FINALLY picked our First Dance song last night. Its so sweet it makes me want to cry. Awww. <3

Thats all for now.