Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Carmens Playa

It's Tuesday.

We got home on Saturday. Night that is.

We left the sun and humidity and arrived to cold rain.

I honestly don't know which I like better. Maybe a combination.

The warm sun with a cooling breeze? Perfection.

The New ViewView of the Court Yard

It was absolutely wonderful to get away and basically do nothing for a week. I mean we did stuff but we were on our own time line. It was so relaxing. I actually read a book. An entire book. And I don't read books. It was monumental.

Watching CNN
Ahh the McCains

We oddly enough spent a lot of time watching CNN and got into big discussions about the US presidential election and the fall of the economy. Just Chad and I. So random but so obsessed with CNN now. I think its all thanks to Anderson Cooper reporting from Texas during the hurricane wearing a skin tight black t-shirt with his hair all tussled. It was a very nice image.

Down at the Court Yard
What clouds are these Elise?

The weather was sunny and humid but there were threats of Thunder showers every day. And they came. Every day. But in small spurts. Early in the morning, or late in the evening. But they came. It was a nice cool down. Thunder in Mexico sounds different then Thunder in Vancouver. Its weird.

Steak Man
Salad Girl

The food was good. I ate reasonably but Chad stuffed himself on more then one occasion. Our drink of choice was the Mango Tango. I don't know what was in it but it was good and cold and girly.

Who is this man?

There were a lot of people from Texas at our resort. As well as Mexicans. On vacation. It was weird.

Mr. Ciavarro
Mrs. Ciavarro

We wore matching shirts the first day which garnered a lot of attention. People actually pointed and stared at us. A little odd. They were probably trying to pronounce our disaster of a last name. I say disaster because only Italians can pronounce it right. Everyone else butchers it.

Chad never smiles
Chad at Tulum
Floating down the river

Our one excursion was to Tulum and Xel-ha. That was a fun, long, tiring day that was actually filled with cloud and rain and Thunder.

Tanning away

I got a tan, but only mildly, and on our last day there.

5th Ave.
Its not Wal Mart
Beautiful Colours
We did not have tequila

We love 5th ave. Especially at night. In the rain.

The line up
Hats and Glasses
View from the deck

Cozumel was fun too. Deathly hot, but very pretty.

Hi Chad
Me
Nice.

We spent a night at Senor Frogs and their $15 drinks. I represented Canada in a game. I tied for 1st because Chad wouldn't give me his pants. I did win him a beer however. I'm a good wife.

Us
On the beach
Splashy

The beaches will always be our favorite. I think someone peed in the Gulf of Mexico.

Us
Swim Up Bar
Chin Ups
Close Up

But maybe the pools were more our favorite. But only because of the swim up bar.


So now we are home. Back in Vancouver. Back to the grind. But I'm ok with it. I can only be away from civilization for so long before I go stir crazy. I had to check facebook 4 days into the trip just to make sure the world was still ok.

Sometimes getting back to reality is nice. But maybe thats only true when your reality is pretty damn sweet.


To view the million pictures from our Honeymoon click - Here.