Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No ticket. No taco.

Sexy Hat

I arrived at work on Monday morning to 2 unread emails, a sheet of paper on my desk and no idea what there was to do. Taking this opportunity to re-name pictures on Flickr instead of finding out what was left to do for Fall 08, I blissfully spent the majority of the day catching up on all my internet news and gossip.

This however got very boring very quickly and I itched for some small task to work on. It was at about that exact point when I was told there would be little to no work for me over the next month. Great. Some might exclaim joy to news like this but I could only come to one conclusion. I am going to be bored out of my mind.

An odd series of events has put us way ahead of the game in finishing up Fall 08 and starting Spring 09. Our designer is going to Chile for a month so we really need to get things moving and have everything ready before she leaves. The only problem with this is that in the flow chart of fashion I am at the tail end of it all. I do a few things in the middle but most of the work I am involved in is at the end of the process. So while everyone who is involved with the start and beginning of the process is running around like mad, I get to sit here for the next month trying to find things to keep me busy.

While I enojy the fact that I wont be stressed out and will be able to catch up on a few things I am left with an overall feeling of frustration. There are so many things I could work on at home. Setting the apartment up, putting away & returning gifts, and cleaning the whole thing. I think about all these things I could be doing to get a head all the while sitting here at work with nothing to do. It drives me crazy.

I enjoy working. I enjoy getting tasks done. I hate sitting idol for days upon end. It feels like such a waste. Time goes by slower. There is no one here to chat with. I don't want things to become stressful and rushed, I just want a little bit of work to come my way.

I'm going to see what I can fine today. I am finally feeling motivated enough. I think I will finally finish counting those zippers I've been putting off and dreading. I've got no other choice.