Thursday, October 16, 2008

Electronics take over our lives

Ok so the whole new TV new computer turned into a bit of a disaster last night.

I stopped off after work to buy some fresh bread for dinner when I get a phone call from Chad telling me that he tried hooking his computer and it kept crashing so he was going to go back to the place that build it to get it fixed. This in turn meant that all our plans for the evening would be shot because of how obsessive he gets over his computer.

I walk in the front door and there are boxes and computer parts everywhere. The place is a computer battle field. I walk into the bedroom and there are boxes and clothes and crap everywhere. A hammer in the bed under covers and a beautiful wide screen TV perched up on the dresser.

Boxes of Goodies

I decided to have a shower while I waited for Chachi to get home and then snuggled in bed watching the new TV instead of cleaning up, because, why not.

Chads Disaster
Thinking
Computer Bits Everywhere


So he FINALLY gets home and tries out his computer again and its still going crazy and so hes going crazy cause he doesn't know whats wrong with it and yadda yadda yadda. I start cleaning up and making dinner. We were having pasta which is usually Chad favorite thing to make.

Every time we have pasta we have bread and dip it in oil and vinegar. So I go to grab a piece of bread, dip it, eat it, and apparently breath in through my mouth at the same time as the piece of bread enters my mouth causing the bits of vinegar on the bread to fly back hitting my throat and I'm assuming my air way because the second it did that my throat started burning and I started choking. Like violently burning and choking and coughing. So my body thought in order to solve this issue it would produce obscene amounts of saliva to calm everything down which just meant that I was drooling everywhere. It was a sight to be seen. I was freaking out because of the pain and all the drool and I didn't know what to do but cough to try and relive the pain. Chad comes running thinking I'm dying or something. I pretty much was.

Eventually everything calmed down but my throat was clearly damaged. It killed all night long, which went nicely with my right knee which decided to give out earlier in the day causing it to be painful to walk (I forgot to mention that). I was a disaster. As per usual.

After dinner Chad was still fighting with his computer but figured out it had to do with his old keyboard and mouse. So he went out to Future Shop to get a new set and I sat wrapped up in the couch. For some reason the whole throat burning incident made me actually feel like I was coming down with a cold. I felt so gross that I quickly did the dishes, cleaned up a bit and then snuggled the rest of the evening away in bed while watching TV (this is pretty much something I've wanted to do every night of my life). This TV is going to make me into the biggest sloth.

Hello Love!
Here I am watching Supersized vs. Superskinny.
Snuggled In Bed

For some God forsaken reason I was obsessed with watching DOG and sat glued to the TV for an hour. Maybe it was because they were trying to track down some giant lesbo who actually looked like a guy . I'm all about the lesbos.

Chad was very concerned that I felt extremely left out by the fact that he was so engrossed with his computer and kept coming over to assure me he loved me more then the computer. But it was ok as I was very prepared for him to be engrossed with the computer and was quite happy to have some bonding time with my new friend Mr. Flat Screen.

With this new computer and new TV I think we are set nicely on the path to becoming that couple that never sees each other and begins to have separate lives via their electronics. HA.