Friday, October 24, 2008

I got 99 problem but my chi chi's arn't one

Actually they are one.

Yesterday I had to go back to the doctors to get my scar removed. Weird I know.

When they removed the mole on my breast the test came back saying that the mole was fine but there were some active cells around it meaning that if it was left longer it would have eventually turned into Cancer. So as a precaution my Doctor wanted to go back and remove some more of the skin around it just to be sure. That and my scar healed all wonky and he wanted to re due it for me.

So now I am left with a slice that is twice the size of the original one with 5 stitches holding everything together. Who knew such a little mole would leave such a huge mark.

I tired showing Chad but he got freaked out and said I looked like Frankenstein. Thanks for the support babe!

While I was on the cutting table my Doctor looked at my nose and asked me what happened. I laughed and replied that it was a giant cold sore that consisted of 6 individual fever blisters. Oh yes it is that pretty. He was worried that because the cold sore was so big and placed in an awkward spot it could get easily infected. So he proceed to give me a prescription for Valtrex which he insist I take right away. And, if you remember the TV commercials you will know that Valtrex is mainly taken for Genital Herpes, although, as I gather from their website, is also used for Shingles and Cold Sores. So I can only imagine the assuming looks I would get going to have this prescription filled. Then he asks me if I get cold sores often to which I reply - Yes. So he says he'll make it so I can get my prescription refill able. Great now I can look like some girl who constantly gets herpes and needs drugs.

My face looks a lot better then it did a couple days ago so I might hold off on the drugs. That or I will just go tomorrow and point out that I have a cold sore to the pharmacist. If I can speed up this process it mght just be worth the funny looks.

None the less I am going to put a paper bag over my face tonight and head out to the Cambie to celebrate Mr. Ryan Warners 31st birthday. I have to admit I am super excited to go and see everyone tonight. Its been so damn long since I've had a Cambie post!

I need some new pictures. Clearly.