Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Unicorn Down

Yea so its Wednesday and I have finally caught up with everything going on at work. That makes me feel fabulous.

We had a busy weekend.

Friday night Neil came over for dinner and then we all went out to the cambie for Ryans birthday. We didn't see any trannys but we did get to watch Ryan try and talk to every girl in the bar and Demis running around freaking out about everything. That was highly entertaining.

We ordered food as is tradition at the cambie and it was so damn tasty. Patz had TWO plates of chicken strips and fries which Marlee and I stole from him. They were cooked to perfection. Then Marlee & I shared the Red Pepper Dip. OMG to die for. It surprises me EVERY time how good their food ends up being.

We ended up heading home somewhat early as all the boys were going out again Saturday night for Ryans real birthday and everyone wanted to take the skytrain home.


Red Light Stop
Moi
The Cambie!
Double Fisters
I don't think thats Kosher
Nipple Twist
Best Red Peper Dip EVER
Munch
Jew & Italian
Neil Being CUTE
Something Pervy
Hot Face
Grease Wipe
Striking Out
Sad Face
What? Face
In Shock!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Aww Love!
Giving Ryan Advice


Saturday I cleaned out the whole bathroom and washed the bathroom and kitchen floors in preparation for sealing the slate which I did last night. I also uploaded a million pictures to flickr in an attempt to create an album full of wedding pictures that were taken by friends and family. Its slowly coming together and there are a million repeats I don't feel like deleting.

Saturday night Marlee & I got together with Alicia for some quality girl time. We headed down to Commercial Drive where they were having their annual Parade of Lost Souls. Basically they close down a section of the street and you walk around. There are people dressed up in costumes and little events going on everywhere. It was really neat to see.

So we walked from the skytrain station to the other end of Commercial to put our names on the waiting list at Reef - you know our most favorite restaurant ever now. Just as we were doing that we noticed that Claudia from work had her name down for reservations too. Clearly we were stalking her.

There was a 40 minute wait so we decided to walk around taking pictures of everything while we waited. We planned it out that next year we would get a whole group of us together and dress up and join in the Parade which is not really a Parade. We ended up getting some great ideas by watching everyone.


Sucks about your head there
Mummies!
The Nightmare before Christmas
Ernie & Bert
Someones got a lot of dead babies



When the 40 minutes was up we headed back to the restaurant where we ran into Claudia and her friend Claudia who had just arrived for dinner. We ended up sitting on opposite sides of the restaurant but chatted through txting.


Platine Chips!
Our two favorites. Plantine Chips above & Johnny Cakes below.
Johnny Cakes!
Marlee Stare
Mustache
I see you


Since we originally had other plans for the evening and the Parade was more of a last minute add on we didn't really spend much more time walking around and ended up just walking through everything back to the skytrain where we hopped on, arrived at the apt. and then drove to Alicias house for our PJ Party.

Once there we attempted to find a movie all of us wanted to watch but it just turned into a session of making fun of me for having never seen more then half the movies Alicia had. Hahah I know I'm BAD!

Laughing Laughing
Our choices

We watched the best of Will Ferrell and then I fell asleep. Hahahaha. So lame, but it was 12:30. We ended up chatting a bit and then Marlee and I headed home with an arm full of movies that Alicia insist we watch.

Sunday was most lazy and most perfect. We decided to have McDonalds for lunch and for some reason we both decided to get the healthy sammiches. Now there is no point in going to a greasy food joint and then ordering the healthy meal, and my meal proved that. While it was tasty and healthy what I was really craving was a cheese burger and I have no idea why I didn't just order that. Lame on my part. We did however win a free Root Beer & Small Fries with Monopoly.

The rest of the day we just puttered around. I did some laundry and Chad fixed his computer. I watched a few of Alicias movies and basically just lazed around. It was exactly what I needed.
It seems the busyness is carrying over to this week and weekend with every night already booked. Craziness!