Monday, November 24, 2008

Quan Tastic

My weekend was long and busy and I feel like dictating everything that happened to me for your enjoyment. I'm predicting a rather long post so I am going to warn you. But at the same time if you loved me you would read it anyways because you find my life so unbelievably entertaining...

My Nonna somehow got this huge debilitating virus on her computer that was screwing everything, so Chad being the computer genius and her newest Grandson decided to try and take a look at it. His first attempt was on Thursday which failed. His next attempt was Friday night which was a bust and waste of 3 hours. We didn't get home until 10. LAMO. So now hes got to go back tomorrow night and try again.

We got up early on Saturday morning and I drove Mr. Ciavarro to the airport so he could fly off to Calgary. On my way home I debate going to get my blood tested because I was worried it would be super busy and I would end up wasting the day waiting there. In the end I didn't really want to miss work so I headed over there. I was warned that it was super busy but when I got there the majority of the seats were taken up by peoples spouses so in reality it was half full and took me a total of 30 minutes to get in and out. I was so happy.

I hadn't eaten yet so I headed over to the Metrotown food court and picked up some Starbucks. Winter/Christmas is my favorite Starbucks season and I'm not sure why. I will ignore it for 9 months of the year and then Winter comes and all I can think of is Peppermint everything. I ended up getting a Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha which was amazing and their ever so delicious Chocolate Croissant.

The mall had just opened so there was barely anyone there. They were playing Christmas music and it was the nicest feeling in the world. Walking around with yumminess in hand in a not so busy mall with Christmas all around me. It was quite poetic.

I headed over to Home Outfitters and bought a few things for the house and my Dads Christmas gift. It was super heavy so I went and dropped it off in the car. Then I headed back in, in search of Mr. Ciavarros Christmas gift, and ended up finding everything I was looking for. It was one of those days where you are in the perfect shopping mood and everything works out for you. It was glorious. I picked up everything I wanted to get it and I even found something super cute by fluke. I can't wait for him to see it!

I went into Winners/Home Sense and ended up finding the cutest Christmas Cards and Wrapping paper all on sale. I was so excited! It was making me totally fall in love with Christmas.

After that I headed home and was on a shopping / coffee high. I was so hyper I decided to wrap all of Chads gifts and figure out how much I spent on him. Then I ordered some stuff online and was going mental with excitement. It was super early in the day too which got me even more excited because I knew I could get a million things done.

I quickly had a shower and then went on a cleaning spree. I think I've mentioned it before that when I go on a cleaning spree and no ones home I always turn the TV on so I have some sort of companionship. The only problem is Mrs. Procrastinator over here takes a million breaks while cleaning to watch whats on the TV and then I never get anything done. I wanted to avoid that this time so I grabbed a bunch of my favorite CDs and put them on. I was giddy and hyper and cleaning and singing. You should have seen it.

So I cleaned every nook and cranny of the entire place. It looked beautiful. I even cleaned out the Vacuum which was full of my 12 feet of hair. That was a little bit of a disaster.

I had two hours before I had to leave for Alicias Birthday party so I decided that I would re paint all the doors. HA. I know. So I went down to the storage locker and found the paint. 2 cans of wall paint, one Venetian Plaster, and one white. I grabbed the white with out looking at it, mixed it all up and proceeded to paint. I was finished in record time and then got ready for the party. Got dress, Marlee came over and we left. Everything I wanted to get done was acomplished.

Mirror Shot

Headed over to Adams for some pizza and drinks. It was so cute to see them together I wanted to cry. I know I'm a girl but you have to see them interact to understand. It is the cutest thing ever and you just know they are meant to be together.

Smooch

Alicia ordered this pizza with potatoes on it which looked weird but tasted amazing! I can't wait to have it again.

Potato Pizza

After spending a few hours there chatting and drinking we headed out to catch the skytrain and head downtown. I ended up running into people I knew and was in the chattiest mood ever. It was very unlike me.

At Adams

The club was a little dead up it didn't matter because we had so much fun with all of Alicia's friends, chatting and drinking and hanging out. There must have been about 50 of us all together.

When we first got there these two guys came up to us and started talking. One was super short and bald and the other one was tall with a long pony tail. They decided that their way to 'pick us up' would be to analyse us and then tell us what they think. It was friggin hilar. The bald guy did all the talking and this is what he said about me. I dress very simply but fashionable and the only thing that wasn't simple about me was the huge diamond I had on my hand (which he referred to a million times). He said that I looked very sure of myself but when I stand I tend to stretch out parts of my body which he think I do in order to get attention. I have no idea what he was talking about. Then, just before we got interrupted he said that I was beautiful but wear too much make up which either means I am trying to be fashionable or I am hiding my insecurities. This I laughed at because the only make up I wear is eye make up and while it was dark that night I was going out to a club which usually goes hand in hand with darker eye make up. I was so friggin amused by this guy that I actually wished I could have talked to him longer just to see what crazy stuff he would come up with next.

Pervs

Over all the night was a lot of fun. It was weird not having Chad there and everyone kept asking me where he was. I've met a hand full of Alicia's friends before but none of them have ever met Chad, and since we are Alicia's only married friends we are like a novelty. Alicia was 'slightly' intoxicated but she looked like she was having a blast. It was such a fun time I actually didn't want to go home.

Crazies
Girlies <3
Dance
My Twin
Loving her flowers

By the time I did it was after 2 and I headed straight to bed. I kept having dreams that I was still at the party so I could sleep at all. The I woke up at 6.30 with horrible stomach pains. Not like I wanted to puke because I was so wasted but almost like gas pains. Weird and gross I know. Anyways I think I got a total of 5 hours sleep before having to get up at 9 to start my day.

I was feeling a little under the weather on Saturday so that added with the few drinks I had that night meant I felt horrible on Sunday. All I wanted to do was sleep and take a nap but I had to run around the whole day and I hadn't eaten anything proper and I was disaster. I went to go give blood with Marlee but I am now banned from doing so for a year because I went to Playa del Carmen and apparently that means I am at risk for contracting and spreading Malaria. Great!

I picked up Chad from the airport last night and we went home to watch Tropic Thunder which I actually really enjoyed. I mean Robert Downey Jr. playing and Australian who was playing Black Dude, I could not stop laughing. By the time the movie was over it was 10pm and I was done for. The second my head hit the pillow I was out like light.

Such a busy fun weekend. If only Mr. Ciavarro was there to enjoy it with me.

I can't believe how long this post is, especially since I left out like 5 stories. Oh well.

Alicias 22nd Birthday.