Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eye Candy

This weekend was calmer then others. We had family dinners both Saturday & Sunday night but they didn't run late and we were able to make it to bed fairly early both nights. It was nice not to be rushed through the weekend while at the same time getting things done.

Chad is going to Calgary this weekend so it will be weird going to sleep and waking up with out him there. Not sure how that will go over. I always sleep better when I know hes right there beside me. It makes me kind of dread him going to Ottawa.

I've started writing all the Thank You cards from the wedding. I really want to get them done and over with so I don't have to worry about any more wedding stuff. We figured out which pictures we are going to put in with the Thank You cards but my Mom keeps changing her mind as to which one SHE thinks looks best. Its making me slightly mental because really, does it matter what picture we send to people? If they dislike it so much they can go print one on their own.

I printed off a couple of the professional wedding pictures and figured out a pretty cool display with them all. I organized 7 frames on one of our walls and made a kind of Photo Feature Wall. It makes me really excited every time I look at it. I want to try and add to it as time goes on but I think Chad will put his foot down and not let me make anymore holes in the walls.
Each little thing we add to the apartment makes it feel more and more like home. Hanging things on the walls, be it art or photos, is vital to making a space feel like a home. I don't like apartments that are stark with no personality and nothing on the walls. They don't feel like home. They feel like a temporary space for living.

Speaking of photos, here are a couple from our Italian Thanksgiving at my Godparents house this weekend.

Cheese
Sopressa
Thanksgiving Italian Style
Family & Friends
Hi Cha Cha
Straight Hair
Jim's Excited
Yum!
Castagne
Us
Best Friends
My hair is getting super long. Longer then its been in years. I'm thinking about getting its trimmed and possibly highlighted in the New Year. I'm not quite sure what to do. I wasn't going to get it cut until Marlee pointed out that the tips of my hair are most likely 4 years old. Shes probably right so its probably time to get them snipped off. Having hair on my head thats been there for 4 years is weird to think about. The oldest hair on Chads head is 4 weeks.