Monday, December 15, 2008

Honestly, who throws his shoe?

This Saturday I actually proclaimed that I like Mondays more then Saturdays. This was because, like always, I didn't get nearly as much done on Saturday as I would have liked and everything I did do was in a big mad rush, which left me stressed and frustrated. Story of my life. I always think I can squeeze so much into a Saturday and that is never the case.

Looking a tad pissed
Slick Love

Saturday night we had two Christmas Parties. One with my Godparents & another one with Chad friends. We went to my Godparents (Darios Parents) for dinner and festivities and then headed out to Kits for the annual gift exchange where we play that game where everyone gets a number and you either have the choice of opening a gift or stealing a gift.

My gift got stolen like 15 times and every two minutes I had a different gift. It really sucked because some of my gifts were really nice and I want to keep them, Hello Lululemon gift card! I ended up with a bottle of Wolf Blass Red Wine, which just so happens to be my favorite so that was good, & Chad ended up with a book about some guy in the music industry. He was pretty excited about his book.

The most talked about gift however was a giant wooden rooster name Bernard. As you can imagine it produced some pretty interesting remarks. Everyone wanted to steal the 'giant wooden cock'. It was even in my possession at one point, but as you guessed it was stolen away from me. It would have made a pretty kick ass decoration at our entrance.

Flake Face
Snow in Kits
Thanks for the face Chad

While at the party, we all seemed to not notice the large amount of snow compiling outside, so by the time we left at 2 in the morning everything had an inch and a half of white stuff on it. This meant going up hill was impossible as we found out and slid back down the hill trying to get to 4th. Luckily most of the main streets were cleared to some extent. We assumed that since Kits was a white wonderland, Metrotown would be much worse since we are quite a bit higher then everyone and always get a lot of snow. This, was actually quite the opposite, and both Chad and I felt quite jibbed that we didn't get as much snow. Damn you Kits!

Sunday we took it easy. Chad played a million hours of computer games and I finished up 3 loads of laundry, wrapped all the Christmas gifts, and wrote all the Christmas cards. I was going to go out to do some shopping but I had no motivation to get out of my pjs. It was nice to just stay home all day/night and be lazy while getting stuff done.

Winter Driving
Hippie Hair

Tonight we are staying home as well, which I am excited about. All these parties and gathering are fun, but they really make you appreciate staying home and relaxing in your pjs with a glass of wine! Not to mention Chad just went out and bought a bunch of fire wood for the fire. I foresee a night spent cuddled on the couch watching Craig Ferguson make fun of George W and the whole shoe throwing incident.